Position: Customer Support Representative
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time, Hourly
Knockaround is a fast-paced sunglasses company located in the heart of San Diego. Over the last few years we’ve been involved with many cool projects, partnerships, and collabs. But, behind all of the “cool stuff” we do there is a hard working team. As we grow, so does our team, which is why we are searching for a Customer Support Representative.
At Knockaround, we do our absolute best to make sure every customer has a positive experience. A support rep might email back and forth with a customer regarding a damaged pair of shades- going through the proper channels to have the pair replaced. Or, he or she might play detective and use Google Street View to verify an obscure address in Spain. A customer support rep might even have to respond to a voicemail from a frantic Grandmother in Illinois, insisting that her little grandson Joey receive his birthday sunglasses by the following afternoon.
While most of your time will be spent in front of a computer responding to customer service support “tickets”, your day-to-day routine can actually be pretty varied. You need to be ready for a chill day of emailing, and a crazy day running back and forth between your desk and the warehouse.
- Must be a good writer. Written communication skills are key, as you will be on the front line, resolving customer issues primarily via email.
- Should enjoy interacting with people (even if those people are a bit, um, challenging.)
- Must demonstrate a commitment to providing top-notch service.
- Are extremely comfortable on a computer, even a PC.
- Take pride in turning a negative experience into a positive one.
- Like to investigate. Tracking packages, retrieving addresses are all part of the gig.
- Have a knowledge of the Knockaround product line before responding to this post. (And definitely before an interview.)
- Are humble enough to do the dirty work when we need an extra hand in the warehouse.
- Must currently live in the San Diego area.
- Are a tight-knit group who support each other inside and outside of work.
- Laugh a lot.
- Stay late / show up early to get projects done.
- Email and text each other on the weekends, when necessary.
- Want someone who will stick around for a while.
- Will pay a competitive wage .
- Can’t wait to hear from you.
To apply, email email@example.com with your contact information and resume.