Director - Marketing
Founded in 2005 and based in San Diego, Knockaround is the original, affordable Southern California sunglasses company. Centered around a sunglasses line that is both practical and stylish, Knockaround provides high-quality sunglasses that won’t break the bank. Since its inception, Knockaround has grown to offer 14 different frame styles available in a wide range of colors, ongoing Limited Edition sunglasses and collaborations, a “build your own” custom sunglasses shop, and an extremely loyal fan base. Knockaround Sunglasses has been featured in well-known media outlets such as GQ, US Weekly, and The Today Show, and have been worn by several celebrities including Matthew McConaughey, Natalie Portman, Snoop Dogg, and John Legend.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Marketing to develop and implement the growth marketing strategy for the company. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for overseeing a large portion of the company’s marketing activities, including brand messaging, consumer insights, social media and paid media. The position reports directly to the CEO.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Creative Officer; Head of Sponsorships, Events and Licensing; and Director – e-Commerce & Digital Marketing to ensure that all marketing efforts cross-functionally are aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
This position has two direct reports: Senior Marketing Manager and Manager of Social Media and Copywriting.
- Develop and implement the overall top and mid-funnel marketing strategy for Knockaround sunglasses
- Develop and execute marketing plans that support product launches and promotions in conjunction with the Director – e-Commerce & Digital Marketing
- Develop and implement media mix and targeting strategies to launch new
collaborations and the Company’s Limited Edition program reaching audiences outside of the current Knockaround customer base
- Manage and implement Knockaround’s organic social media strategy develop content strategy and engagement benchmarks; provide insights and optimizations throughout the year
- Assist with the development of Knockaround’s copywriting efforts to ensure product offerings ladder back to key target audiences
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer insights to inform marketing strategies.
- Research new target opportunities to advance brand awareness and overall sales
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, vendors, and industry influencers. Partner with Head of Sponsorships, Events and Licensing to extend Knockaround’s reach and effectiveness via offline and online channels
- Manage the marketing budget and ensure that all marketing initiatives are cost- effective and efficient with a measurable ROI
- Responsible for effective negotiations and ensuring added value to all top and
mid-funnel channel budget allocation
- Benchmark top and mid-funnel media metric to garner better understanding of
overall effect to media mix ROI
- Analyze marketing data and use insights to optimize marketing strategies and campaigns
- Provide leadership and guidance to the marketing team, ensuring that team members are motivated and performing at a high level
- Work closely with peers in Marketing and cross-functionally to drive success
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in marketing, with at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful marketing strategies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of a broad range of marketing channels and tools
- Prior experience in consumer goods, e-commerce or retail is mandatory
- Passion for the Knockaround brand and commitment to delivering exceptional marketing results
At Knockaround, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer competitive compensation packages and opportunities for growth and development within the company. If you are a passionate and driven marketing professional looking for a new challenge and would like to work full-time at our San Diego office, we would love to hear from you.
Estimated Base Salary Range: $110,000 – 170,000
For full consideration for this position, please email a complete resume and cover letter to email@example.com.