Founded in 2005 and based in San Diego, Knockaround is the original, affordable Southern California sunglasses company.
Centered around a sunglasses line that is both practical and stylish, Knockaround provides high quality sunglasses that won’t break the bank. Since its inception, Knockaround has grown to offer 13 different frame styles available in a wide range of colors, ongoing limited-edition sunglasses and collaborations, a “build your own" custom sunglasses shop, and an extremely loyal fan base. Knockaround Sunglasses have been featured in well-known media outlets such as GQ, Newsweek, Cosmopolitan, and Runner’s World and have been worn by many celebrities including Natalie Portman, Matthew McConaughey, John Mayer, Jessica Alba, Snoop Dogg, and John Legend.
About the Position
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and intelligent Inventory Planner to join our team. Netsuite and Excel should be your best friends. Organization and problem solving should bring you Marie Kondo levels of joy. Most importantly, you must love building and maintaining reports because this will be your bread and butter. This is an incredible opportunity to join our amazingly talented team and play an important role in the growth and future success of Knockaround.
This position will work cross functionally at Knockaround leading ERP and inventory initiatives. You will report directly to the Merchandising Manager, and will be working out of our one-of-a-kind office in Old Town, San Diego with optional days to work remotely. Benefits include full health coverage, 401k, all the sunglasses you need, as well as a unique opportunity to learn and grow within a motivated, driven and rapidly growing company.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- NetSuite Super User - Serve as go to NetSuite resource for other users as all users gain NetSuite education and training on their journey to becoming Super-Users
- Build and maintain all reporting to track target inventory levels across all products
- Review, action and maintain target inventory levels across all products
- Review historical demand patterns and define opportunities in inventory and marketing performance
- Interact with Finance to assist in monthly inventory cost projections
- Partner with Production, Warehouse, and Logistics teams to assure accuracy of inventory
- Responsible for creating requests to Production for purchase orders in support of inventory targets. Ensure data accuracy in NetSuite ERP
- Hold bi-weekly inventory review meetings with partners to ensure alignment on expected marketing events
- Monitor, plan and execute in-house orders for theme boxes, co-packaging, and specialty assembly activities/programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position or relevant work experience
- 4+ years' experience with NetSuite Cloud ERP in a buyer/planner capacity
- NetSuite Certified Professional, desired, but not required
- Multi-channel inventory management experience is preferred
- Practical experiences creating reports, tracking sheets, and presenting findings
- Advanced skill sets in Excel or Google Sheets, familiar with creating ad hoc reports
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage multiple projects at once
- Have strong attention to detail along with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Past experience with Shopify, Dropbox and Google Docs preferred
- Have a passion for Knockaround and our products
- Must fit well within the company culture - Look at The Bright Side!
For full consideration for this position, please email a complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.