Junior Graphic Designer
About the Position
The Junior Designer will work closely with the Lead Designer and Marketing team to create and support print and web-based creative for Knockaround’s digital and wholesale initiatives. The Junior Designer will need to carry out projects, as directed by the Marketing Team, with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Projects may include design support for email, social, print, and web; as well as product design, packaging, apparel, point of purchase and sales materials.
You are a creative, motivated, and task-oriented graphic designer with the ability to work quickly, but carefully, on items requiring fast turnaround. You can design within Knockaround’s brand look and feel, while at the same time not afraid to offer a fresh perspective. You are able to contribute to creative discussions and must be able to take constructive criticism. You embrace challenges, take initiative, and are able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in teams. You have excellent organizational and time management skills, and can handle multiple projects and priorities to meet deadlines. You’re a zealous learner, eager to grow and develop your professional skill set. You’re looking to become part of a growing, energetic team located in sunny San Diego, CA.
For full consideration for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education & Essential Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Lightroom)
- Maintain best practices for print and digital design
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills (multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines)
- Closely follow briefs and direction with attention to detail
- Proactively seek information on project requirements to ensure clarity on timelines, deliverables, and hand-offs
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
- Understanding of basic marketing principles and how e-commerce businesses work is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design from 4-Year University or trade school equivalent