Shopify Developer and IT Manager
Founded in 2005 and based in San Diego, Knockaround is the original, affordable Southern California sunglasses company. Centered around a sunglasses line that is both practical and stylish, Knockaround provides high-quality sunglasses that won’t break the bank. Since its inception, Knockaround has grown to offer 14 different frame styles available in a wide range of colors, ongoing Limited Edition sunglasses and collaborations, a “build your own” custom sunglasses shop, and an extremely loyal fan base. Knockaround Sunglasses has been featured in well-known media outlets such as GQ, US Weekly, and The Today Show, and have been worn by several celebrities including Matthew McConaughey, Natalie Portman, Snoop Dogg, and John Legend.
About the Position
As the Shopify Developer and IT Manager, you’ll be overseeing the company’s entire IT infrastructure, while providing day-to-day IT support to all team members. You’ll be working closely with our marketing team in managing and optimizing our Shopify Plus store and related applications, and you’ll administer and maintain our inventory, finance, shipping, and forecasting systems. You will report directly to the Director of E-Commerce and Digital Marketing and will be working out of our one-of-a-kind office in Old Town, San Diego. Benefits include full health and dental coverage, 401k, paid time off, and all the sunglasses you need!
You’re a tech-savvy and passionate IT professional, well-versed in the e-commerce arena. You have working experience with Shopify, inventory management, forecasting, and shipping software, as well as general IT support. You embrace challenges, take initiative, and are able to work well independently with minimal supervision as well as in teams. You pay meticulous attention to detail and employ a systematic approach for thoroughly testing new feature rollouts and website updates. You are capable of successfully managing multiple concurrent projects, and you have a profound ability to learn new tools and technologies on the fly. You’re a constant learner, eager to grow and develop your professional skillset, and you’re looking to become part of a talented, energetic, and fun team, located in sunny San Diego, CA.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Shopify Development & Management
- Maintain all web pages and page templates: PDPs, collections, journal, cart, checkout, etc.
- Scope out, develop, and manage the implementation of new features, page templates, and 3rd party applications
- Add new products, collections, landing pages, and other web pages as needed
- Ensure the site adheres to SEO best practices, including ongoing speed enhancement and structured data management
- Manage and troubleshoot tracking pixels (Facebook, Google, TikTok etc.)
- Maintain and oversee all integrations between Shopify, our marketing tech stack, and other applications, including inventory management systems, shipping software, payment gateways, and middleware
- Develop mobile-first responsive HTML and CSS
- Support the Marketing team in running promotions and sales (BOGO, free gift w/ purchase etc.) and develop promo specific-scripts when needed
- Manage all external IT partners and ensure they meet agreed-upon scope, timelines, and budgets
- On an ongoing basis, QA all web templates across all devices and fix bugs and styling issues as needed
- Work with external partners to ensure our website and IT infrastructure are ADA compliant and adhere to all data privacy requirements and regulations
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Shopify releases, trends, and updates
- Function as the system administrator for Shopify, NetSuite, ShipStation, EnvoyB2B, and related IT applications
- Manage and maintain data flows between all applications
- Support employees across the entire company in their day-to-day use of IT equipment and applications, including laptops, printers, WiFi/Internet/network, video conferencing, inventory management, accounting, and forecasting software
- Track and maintain inventory of all IT equipment and assist in the procurement of new hardware and software as needed
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
- Extensive experience with Shopify development (HTML5, CSS, JS, Liquid, REST api, Scripts, Ajax, JQuery)
- Strong familiarity with the Shopify app ecosystem and main online marketing tools
- Extensive front-end development experience
- Solid understanding of E-commerce KPIs, online user behaviors/patterns, CRO, and SEO strategies
- Experience managing development, staging, and production environments
- Experience with Github or similar version control systems
- Outstanding project management and communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working experience with React, Vue, or NodeJS a plus
- Experience in Ruby a plus
- Prior working experience with NetSuite, ShipStation, FarApp, and EnvoyB2B a plus
For consideration for this position, please email a complete resume and cover letter to email@example.com.