Comprised of pilots from the US Army Air Corps, Navy, and Marine Corps, the First American Volunteer Group (AVG) quickly gained prestige for their fearless airborne pursuits in World War II. Nicknamed the “Flying Tigers,” this squadron employed numerous innovative flight tactics, utilizing every advantage their soon-to-be-iconic planes could offer them. Their hope-inspiring success record and distinctive equipment rendered them one of the most recognizable and revered groups in military history.
As our first Limited Edition using Torrey Pines, we wanted to make sure the design was bold, distinguishing, and memorable. Like always, the Flying Tigers were up for the task.
LIMITED EDITION OF 800
These shades sold out quickly!
Sign up to be the first to know about our special releases.
Free shipping on all orders
- Brown-green camouflaged base
- Metal seams and rows of rivets mimic the craft's armored hull
- Squadron's distinctive nose art—a menacing shark face
- Polarized red sunset lenses
- FDA approved impact resistant lenses with full UV400 protection
- Silver K-logos
- At Altitude microfiber pouch
- Hand-numbered edition card
Modeled after the iconic shark-faced Curtiss P-40s flown by the AVG, the Flying Tigers Torrey Pines are a pair that doesn’t back down from anything. A brown-green camouflage base paints the frame while metal seams and rows of rivets mimic the craft’s armored hull. Down each arm snarls the squadron’s distinctive nose art—a menacing shark face no enemy wanted to stare down. A bullseye and yellow end cap finish off each arm, while polarized red sunset lenses and shining silver K logos lend the pair one final touch of airworthy authority.
Designed on our most full-coverage frame style, the Torrey Pines provide extra-wide lens coverage, UV400 protection (like all of our lenses), and spring hinges to accommodate even the largest faces. Every pair comes with an At Altitude protective pouch and a hand-numbered edition card.
Knockaround is committed to customer satisfaction. We want to assure you are 100% satisfied with the product you purchased, which is why we offer a 30 day return / exchange period.
- Returned / exchanged items must be in 100% resalable condition (unworn, unused, undamaged)
- Timeframe begins at original purchase date
- All returns and exchanges must be initiated from original point of sale (i.e.: Knockaround.com)
We do NOT currently accept returns or exchanges on Custom Shop orders, Limited Editions, Collaborations, Knock Boxes, Sale Items, or any international orders. All sales of those items are final.
To see full Return Policy information and instructions on how to initiate a return or exchange, visit our Returns page.
Full lens coverage and spring hinges to tackle the day head-on.
57mm Lens | 18mm Bridge | 137mm Temple
Frame: 146mm Width | 53mm Height
- Medium to larger sized head shape.
- Best for round, long/rectangular, oval, or diamond-shaped faces.
- Perfect for sunny outdoor adventures.