- The personal information we collect from you
- How we use your personal information
- Why we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How long we store your information
- Our use of behavioral advertising
- Your rights
- Information about Cookies
- Your use of third-party websites
- Collection of minors’ personal information
- How to contact us
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase, or create a customer account through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal information, Amazon Pay information, and Apple Pay information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
You may opt-in to be a part of our email distribution list by submitting your email through one of our email opt-in forms. You may opt-in to be part of our SMS distribution list (only available for U.S. and Canadian phone numbers) by submitting your phone number through one of our SMS opt-in forms. You may opt-in to our Facebook Messenger subscriber list through the opt-in checkboxes on our website on via Facebook posts and ads. You may provide us with your birthday by filling out a form on our Site or by clicking through one of our marketing emails. We refer to this information “Direct Marketing Information”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you post-purchase. For example, we might send you product review requests via email or send out an email invitation to participate in a survey
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Provide you with order tracking information
- Assist you with customer service related issues
- Process product returns and product exchanges
- Help manage our referral program
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. This information and related advertising may be based on your Order Information
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). Additionally, we use Device Information (specifically IP addresses) to help manage our referral program.
We also use Device Information to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing communication. For example, by using Device Information we’re able to show you targeted ads based on your previous browsing history. If you have opted-in to receive email marketing, we may use Device Information, such as web browsing history, to send you email communication.
Direct Marketing Information
If you have opted-in to our email distribution list, we will use your email address, general location, and purchase and website browsing history to provide product and service updates, marketing messages regarding new product launches, special events, sales and promotions, product recommendations, and other marketing communications via email. If you live outside of the EU or if you have provided us with consent, we may also use your email address, general location, and purchase and website browsing history to serve you personalized ads through Facebook, Instagram, and related advertising networks. You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the footer of our emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also opt-out of Facebook/Instagram online ads here https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
If you have opted-in to our SMS distribution list, we will use your mobile phone number to provide you with product and service updates, marketing messages regarding new product launches, special events, sales and promotions, product recommendations, and other marketing communications. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying ‘stop’ to any of our SMS texts or by contacting email@example.com.
If you have opted-in to our Facebook Messenger subscriber list, we will use your general location, and purchase and online browsing history to provide product and service updates, marketing messages regarding new product launches, special events, sales and promotions, product recommendations, and other marketing communications via Facebook Messenger. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying 'stop' or 'unsubscribe'.
If you have provided us with your birthday, we may use that information to send you marketing communications on (or shortly before) your birthday.
WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your Personal Information based on one or more of the following grounds:
- We use your Personal Information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site, we use your data to process and fulfill your order)
- You have given us consent to use your Personal Information
- To pursue our legitimate business interests
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third-party companies in the following categories:
- Core services providers and companies essential for running our business and providing you with our products and services. These third parties include our eCommerce platform (we run our Site on Shopify—for more information about how Shopify uses your Personal Information click here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy), payment processors, fulfillment solutions, couriers, and delivery companies
- Companies and tools (including Google Analytics. Learn more about Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) that help us optimize our website, better understand users’ needs, and provide insights and analytics that ultimately help us improve the user experience on the Site
- Professional service providers, such as marketing and advertising agencies as well as technology providers
- Fraud and risk management providers to help us prevent fraudulent activities on the Site
EU Customer Data Transfer
If you are a customer or visitor based in the EU, please note that your Personal Information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We may share aggregated and anonymized information with third parties to gain analytical insights into general trends, buying habits, and customer preferences.
In the event that Knockaround transfers ownership, we may share your Personal Information during a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, or declaration of bankruptcy.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
When you place an order through our Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records indefinitely, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you would like to delete your Order Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR USE OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example, if you have visited a specific product on our website we may serve you ads across other websites, apps, and social networks featuring the very same product as well as related items. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
We run targeted ads through the following third-party advertising network. Click the respective links below if you would like to stop seeing, and opt-out of, targeted ads from these advertising networks:
- Google AdWords: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Criteo: https://www.criteo.com/privacy
- Facebook/Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of a wide range of different advertising platforms by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
As a user of our Site you have several rights:
- The right to be informed about how we collect and use your information (this notice is an example of such)
- The right to access the information we hold about you
- The right to request updates and corrections to inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you
- The right to request erasure of the information we hold about you
- The right to request that we restrict the information we process about you
- The right to request that we stop processing the information we hold about you in certain circumstances
- The right to have your information transferred to another service provider
- The right to opt-out of direct marketing communications (such as email and SMS) and other consent-based information processing
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise your rights, file a complaint, or have any questions in regards to your rights.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
COLLECTION OF MINORS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Knockaround will not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years (16 years for EU residents). If you are under 13 (16 for EU residents), please have your parents or legal guardian enter their Personal Information when required. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided their Personal Information without parental consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove the information from our files. Additionally, if Knockaround becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 (under the age of 16 for EU residents) has provided us with their personal information, we will delete the information from our files.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, (619) 383-2141, or by mail using the address provided below:
2251 San Diego Ave., Ste. B-155
San Diego, CA, 92110