Customer Service Manager
Founded in 2005 and based in San Diego, Knockaround is the original, affordable Southern California sunglasses company. Centered around a sunglasses line that is both practical and stylish, Knockaround provides high-quality sunglasses that won’t break the bank. Since its inception, Knockaround has grown to offer 14 different frame styles available in a wide range of colors, ongoing Limited Edition sunglasses and collaborations, a “build your own” custom sunglasses shop, and an extremely loyal fan base. Knockaround Sunglasses has been featured in well-known media outlets such as Runners World, GQ, US Weekly, and The Today Show, and have been worn by several celebrities including Matthew McConaughey, Natalie Portman, Snoop Dogg, and John Legend.
About the Position
As the Customer Service Manager, you’ll be managing all aspects of the Knockaround customer service team, systems, and processes. You’ll support and engage with our growing customer base across all platforms, provide leadership and guidance to the customer service team, and set the strategic direction for the customer service department. You’ll report directly to the Director of E-Commerce and will be working out of our one-of-a-kind office in Old Town, San Diego with optional days to work remotely. Benefits include full health, dental, and vision coverage, 401k, all the sunglasses you need, as well as a unique opportunity to learn and grow within a motivated, driven, and rapidly growing company.
You’re a career-oriented Customer Service Manager, passionate about solving problems and creating memorable customer experiences. You’re a people person with excellent leadership skills, and you possess a strong ability to motivate other team members through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback. You’re tech savvy and well-versed in utilizing system automation, workflows, and AI to automate and enhance customer service processes. You have a strong desire to always learn, grow, and develop your professional skill set.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coach customer service staff while promoting a culture of enthusiasm and pride
- Oversee and maintain all customer facing support touch points (i.e. order tracking, FAQ, Help Center) and work with internal teams to make updates as needed
- Proactively identify and implement new customer service channels, tools, and processes when applicable
- Manage relationships with existing vendors; identify and vet new ones when needed
- Utilize analytics and customer feedback to improve team efficiency and overall customer satisfaction
- Liaison with internal teams to capture and report on all relevant product feedback
- Provide ongoing reports on team performance, customer satisfaction, and other key metrics
- Moderate user-generated content utilizing 3rd party applications
- Respond to customer inquiries through email, chat, and phone in a timely, professional, and courteous manner, and handle escalated inquiries across all platforms
- Manage and process product returns
- Other duties as needed
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and manage multiple projects at once
- Outstanding writing skills (please submit writing samples along with your application)
- Courteous and professional phone etiquette
- Attention to detail, punctuality, and self-starter
- Strong computer and typing skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies on the fly
- Practical experience analyzing data, creating reports, and presenting findings
- Solid time management, organizational, and decision-making skills
- A strong passion for problem-solving and conflict resolution
Hours: 40 hours / week
Location: San Diego, CA
For full consideration for this position, please email a complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.